Monday, August 3, 2009

7 Years & No Itch!


I've been married to my husband for 7 years today. It's hard to believe that it has actually been that long! I do have a lot of memories though...

YEAR 1 - We lived in a men's dormitory. Wow. We did get to play a lot of ping pong though. I learned that we wouldn't always agree. :-) And we got our first pet. A rabbit, Norman.

YEAR 2 - We made a big move to Dallas. We started the adventure of seminary and the ministry Apartment Life. We really saw God move this year, as we watched Him put our lives into place in Texas. We also got some exciting/scary news that we were pregnant!

YEAR 3 - We had a beautiful baby boy. Zane. What fun!

YEAR 4 - We continued to live life "backwards" as we called it (but just right for us); Bryce going to school and staying home with Zane, while I did corporate income tax and "brought home the bacon". :-) We got our next pet. This time a hedgehog, Ned.

YEAR 5 - I watched as Bryce received his diploma. Master of Theology. One of the proudest days of my life.

YEAR 6 - We moved back to Kansas. We joined Central. We bought a house! We received some good news again; we were pregnant!

YEAR 7 - We had another beautiful baby. This time a girl. Gemma. What a blessing!

Looking forward to many more exciting years!
I love you Bryce!

2 comments:

Abby said...

Congratulations you two!

Anonymous said...

congrats Kara and Bryce! and congrats on still be able to remember something from each year of your marriage!! Try that at the 25 year mark : )
Even more interesting, a hedgehog?? I didn't even know those were domesticated - leave it to the Hutsons!! What happened to it??

Anne